When we got home he was already asleep. We woke him to get a hug and he teared up a little (so did mommy - maybe even daddy!) but then we just hugged and kissed and told him we were home. He went right back to sleep. He felt like he'd gained 10 pounds and 5 inches in height! The above picture is from the day we left - check out his cool new quilt from my dear friend Stephanie. Below is this morning.
He popped up at 6:30 and was so excited to see us! We played and ate breakfast and talked about school today. While I'd love to be playing with him all day, I'm taking advantage of his school day to do laundry, nap, go to the grocery, and oh yeah, blog. Today is the Valentine's party for the Tues/Thursday class. Thank goodness I planned ahead and had his cards ready. At breakfast I told him about the party and seeing his friends. So when he got out of his chair he immediately went to get his coat and went to the door. Well okaaay!
As I said, I will post pictures and maybe even blog our trip journal for anyone who is interested soon. but for now, about that nap....
4 comments:
So glad you made it back safely!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories from Italy.
I can't believe you've been to Italy! Hope you had an amazing time, and YES post your travel jounal! Can't wait to live vicariously through you... :)
I can't wait to see the pictures. Italy has always been the one place I wanted to go...Miles is adorable as ever and seems very well adjusted.
welcome back to blogland! glad you had a great trip. can't wait to hear about it and see pictures. miles is such a cutie!
Post a Comment