A mere 7 months after we started, the final piece of the kitchen remodel was completed this week - the back splash! Thankfully this was the only missing piece, so it's not as if we were struggling to eat. As you can see, I've made use of the crock pot this week, making beef stew which Miles used to love. Tonight, however, he chewed the cud forever before eating it. Then he got up from his seat and Chelsea cleaned his plate for him. Why do kids do that? Sit there forever with food in their cheek like a chipmunk? I have fond memories of sitting for hours at a deserted table refusing to swallow some ghastly green vegetable, holding it in my mouth thus prolonging the torture. Why? I'm sure mom tried all the explanations we tried with Miles, but none worked.
Speaking of not working, the no-nap Monday really didn't work! He was very good for his "quiet time," even stayed in reading a book after I told him he could come out. But by the time dinner rolled around he was a mess, throwing a huge fit, even trying to fall asleep on the kitchen floor. That, of course, was NOT allowed! He eventually got over it, ate and went to bed, but that hour or so was awful. Thankfully he had school the next day and they got him back on track.
And I forgot two Audrey things...
.: she loves my watch. It's the one my aunt Kathy gave me for college graduation, but it's still going strong. If she can't get my hair, that's the next best thing.
.: She loves smooches! I love the little smile she gives when you kiss her, smushing in her chubby cheeks. It makes her grin and giggle, made even cuter when she coos through her pacifier.
{I lied when I said the kitchen is finished... we do still lack our table in the eat-in area, but that's really it and that will be done next week. Can't wait to show that!}
6 comments:
Is that tile pearlized?! Gorgeous. We need to get on the ball over here.
I'm loving the backsplash. Gorgeous!
Wow, it looks great!!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the iridescent glass tiles! Beautiful! I need to show Dan and maybe he'll get inspired to finally let me get my backsplash done. :)
The kitchen looks beautiful, Nic! Nice job.Can I contract you for the Atlanta area?
I can't wait for Wayne to make us brunch in the new kitchen--I bet it will taste even better than I remember! Hope to see you all soon!
Post a Comment